Enroll now at Carolina Christian College
POSTED: November 16, 2021
POSTED: November 21, 2020
UPDATED August 24, 2020
- You must pick this check up in person and sign a waiver that you understand the purpose of the funds, your financial responsibility, and its relation to your student balance.
- We understand that some students are not local and for those students you can request to receive the check via mail.
- Pick ups will be scheduled to minimize the number of students in the building. Mask are required while in the building and we must adhere to CDC guidelines. If you are currently in quarantine or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and request that you receive your funds via mail.
- You must confirm with the Business Office a time and day to pick up the check.
Finally if your check is not claimed by Aug 31, 2020 funds will be returned to the general account and the College will designate those funds for internal services to support student virtual learning. No further disbursements will be given to students after August 31, 2020.
UPDATED July 20,2020
Final initial disbursements were made 7/20/20 to students whom requested additional funds. A total of 32 students received grants during the first wave of disbursements.
Students check your Carolina email weekly for additional updates and forms to request a second disbursement.
UPDATED: June 18, 2020
Carolina Christian recently has received and disbursed CARES Act Emergency Funds to qualifying students. These funds have been allocated to Higher Education Institutions for the purpose of providing financial assistance to students whose classes and campus life were affected by the Coronavirus / COVID-19. Carolina Christian was fortunate to receive over $50,000 in emergency relief funding that can go directly to our qualifying students.
These funds are to provide emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the Coronavirus, including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare.
The initial disbursement and appeal were for $736.29 and additional funds are considered case-by-case as funds are available. The amount of the last wave will be determined by College’s FTE. Students should check their school account email daily for any new updates and the appropriate link to request funds.
More than 50% of the funds were disbursed in 3 waves to 30 students:
- Qualifying students (Definition below) May 18th thru May 29th
- Appeal of qualifying student (Students could demonstrate that they met the qualifications) June 6ththru June 10th
- Appeals for additional funds (Students with additional expenses that were not covered in the initial disbursement) June 15th thru June 26th
The remaining funds will be disbursed in the last wave of grants to qualified students in the Fall term, expected timeframe late September.
Definition of a Qualifying Student
For the purpose of this program an enrolled student must meet the following guideline:
- A student must qualify for federal aid through the application of the aid in the given award year.
- A student must have been enrolled in a degree program for Spring 2020 term.
- Those students must have remained enrolled during a session or course.
- Those students must have been actively engaged in classroom learning. Classroom learning is defined by the participation in weekly discussions and submission of weekly assignments in the session and/or course.
- If a student withdraws from the current term or course they would not qualify for aid.
Initial Application to Request Grant Funds
Application Link for Appeal of Grant Funds
Application Link for Additional Funds
Students stay SAFE
POSTED: June 16, 2020
Carolina Christian College applied for the CARES Act grant on 4/21/2020 and is a recipient of the HEREF Grant effective May 5, 2020.
The grant funds received under the 18004(a)(1) is designated to assist students during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students should check their school (Carolina) email for updates and notifications.
ENROLL TODAY! Don’t let this moment pass you by! Call today 336-744-0900 to set up a campus tour!