Carolina Christian College’s essential goal is to “Prepare Real People For Real Ministry in a Real World.” in doing this, we offer opportunities and avenues for career paths and development. The following link explains why internships are important for career advancement.
CCC has created paid intership opportunities with TeamLogic, our IT vender and servicer. The following are the details of the internship open to all qualifying student of CCC.
The IT Technician Intern’s role is to ensure system operation and functionality so that end users can accomplish business tasks. The objective of the IT Technician will be to respond to support requests in a timely manner, be the initial reference point for all IT support related tickets, and to ensure the satisfaction of the end user, among other technical duties.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments, executive levels and customers daily.
IT Technician I Internship Responsibilities:
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in resolving support requests.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components throughout various network infrastructure devices.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Ensuring company safety and security standards are met.
IT Technician I Internship Requirements:
- Enrolled in Undergraduate College Program
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, and Mac OS.
- Experience with server operating systems including Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016 is a plus.
- Active Directory knowledge a plus
- Kaseya RMM and Autotask PSA Experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive to customer locations when required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
For all interest student please contact Paul Stennett. 336-218-9599 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
TD Bank is also offering summer internships. Please review what these internships offer prospective students.
Our 10-week, non-rotational program consists of:
- A fun-filled, high-energy introduction to TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
- A variety of professional experiences and development training
- Extensive networking opportunities and interactions with senior leaders
- A dedicated support network, including a formal peer-mentoring program
- An active role in community service projects
- Opportunity to join TD’s Analyst Program upon graduation and participate in our year-long Action Learning Project
Click here for more information of TD Bank summer internships
Published by Dr. T. Tyrone Tyson 10/25/2021