How do I register for financial aid?
- These four steps explain the process to register for FAFSA:
- You can download these instructions by clicking the link below:
What does EFC mean?
- Expected Family Contribution – This is an estimated amount of funds that a student should expect for a parent/guardian to cover the student’s educational expenses. This number is generated through your FAFSA application and it is used to determine your eligibility for aid. This number is calculated by FAFSA.
When do I apply?
- Students should complete their FAFSA in October for the coming academic year using the prior year tax return. Order your official tax transcript from the IRS. Complete the financial aid interview in March. Returning students due date to complete financial aid is May 1.
Will I receive a refund?
- After completing your FAFSA and interview your award which list if any refund will be indicated on the award letter.
What does financial aid include?
- Financial aid includes federal grants, federal loans, and institution scholarships. Students are not required to pay back grants. Students are required to pay back student loans. Scholarships are not available for athletics, only merit and need based scholarships are awarded by Carolina Christian College.
What is the MPN?
- The Master Promissory Note is a legal document that the student signs acknowledging their agreement to receive loans and the terms to repay the federal student loans.
When are refunds issued?
- If a student’s aid is received before classes begin, refunds are disbursed the Tuesday after drop/add ends. If aid is delayed the student should expect his/her refund within 14-days of the College receiving the aid. The student will be notified with estimated dates of disbursement if aid is disbursed outside of the Tuesday guideline mentioned above. This is only applicable to students that qualify to receive a refund.
Can I receive state financial aid?
- No, CCC is not authorized to receive state aid.
What determines my refund?
- After a student pays for tuition, books, fees, room, and board any amount left out of the awarded aid will be issued to the student in a form of a live check from the Financial Aid Office.
Can I apply for scholarships?
- Yes, please request the scholarship form at email@example.com